Buying a pair of sneakers that look so good on the shelves may not even remotely be seen as a bad thing. But more often than not, buying the wrong shoes for your feet can prove to be disastrous. Many foot ailments are the result of walking in shoes that are not comfortable. So how do you make sure that you find the right one?
Looks can be deceiving
With the advancement in technology and the advent of fast-fashion, great-looking shoes are everywhere that it becomes hard to tell the good ones apart. But don’t worry about that as we bring to you some quick tips to finding that comfortable pair of shoes.
What should I look for in my shoes?
Whether you are looking to buy shoes for general use or one that you want for your workout or walking there are certain basic things to look for as you will see below.
- Arch support – Your shoes should give you ample arch support. Remember to choose one according to your arch type as it could be low, high or neutral.
- Heel height – The heel should be small and wide for proper support. Higher heels may look better but only so at the expense of comfort and support.
- Cushioning – Cushioning can vary with the type of shoe. If you want really good ones you can choose sneakers with thick soles for comfort.
- Flexible – To check this pick up the shoes and bend the toes upward. The one that have the right amount of flexibility should bend only under the ball of the foot.
- Light – Durable shoes don’t have to be heavy. Light shoes are not only comfortable to walk in but also let your feet breathe making them ideal for hot weather or for activities.